Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loom/Harness chat...

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I have the base model VS V6 Ute which i have been doing up over the past few months....

I want to add a Level 3 dash cluster but been told i will need a level 3 cluster loom which seem to be around the $100 mark on eBay. Im OK with that but im asking how hard are they to fit? Take out the fascia panel and dash cluster or do i go further to get to all the wiring?

Elect windows, i have everything except the 2 plugs that connect under the dash. They connect to the loom that run up the center console to the switches. I have another ute which is an Spac which does have the 2 plugs i need, so can i just cut the plugs off one Ute and get someone to wire them in or would it be best to change the harness?

Thanks Phill

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi Phillbert,

OH no you can't just put a Level 3 cluster loom into the vehicle. Firstly it will more than likely start a fireworks display as these are not just plug and play and most stuff won't work.

What you need is a cluster patch loom, this is what HSV had made up to fit a Level 3 dash into the Maloo ute that had all the Executive stuff fitted.

They have been reproduced by a few guys on here over the years, most notably member "89 Green VN" Shane who's no longer based in Australia and the other eludes me right now.

If you trawl around this site there are various threads about level 3 Patch Looms and making them.

To make one you will require both Level 2 and 3 looms to make one patch loom that will still run your base level equipment such as the 3 block dash switches, A/C and a few other bits and pieces.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Thanks guys, yes i thought it was just a plug n play.