Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loose dash?

lachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore 3.8ltr v6
hey guys, jus wondering, i picked my car up on friday night and the dash is loose, i have tryed to tighten up the two screws underneath on both sides, (its the part right behing the steering wheel) not to sure what else i can do without whipping out the glue gun, any chance you guys could enlighten me?
cheers
lachlan

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
go to ur nearest holden an pick em up - i re did mine the other day they were 76cents each for the 2 plastic screw things

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
The "dash" is loose? Really? What part :p lol

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If the dash is loose you might have a serious problem. Apparently, when VN's were put together, the dash was 'fused' into the bodywork and became an integral part of the structure. If the dash is loose - as you claim - it's possible that the front end of your car could seperate. Get it checked by a good mechanic.

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
If the dash is loose you might have a serious problem. Apparently, when VN's were put together, the dash was 'fused' into the bodywork and became an integral part of the structure. If the dash is loose - as you claim - it's possible that the front end of your car could seperate. Get it checked by a good mechanic.

lol i think he just means the surround for his gauges where the hazard lights and wiper controls sit on.

Go down to a wreakers (which are made of VN-VP commodores) and look for some sturdy dash boards and take the screws that fit them and it should be fine.

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
the bit under the dash the fuse cover panel is held on by 2 plastic screws - about 76cents each

the bit above the steering wheel the dash cluster bit is held on by 4 mushroom head screws - can get them almost anywhere - either do em up if they are there are buy some new ones and do em up

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship

lmao, golden reply mate ^_^

DrJeckyl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN commodore S1 & VXII Berlina LS1
someone please post a palm face...:whistling

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
The old loose dash cluster surround as a result of sticky a fuel gauge and a slap happy previous owner story eh? You'd be surprised what you can fix with speed-nuts and a few screws... ;)

lachie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp commodore 3.8ltr v6
yeah, i just went and got some longer screws, sturdy as now. sorry for such a dumb post