Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loose door

L31GH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS - S1
can anyone help me on this, both my front doors while driving along, in particular over melbournes many potholes will shake and shudder like they arnt shut properly. But ive checked both and theyre closed properly.

Any ideas on what might be causing it would be helpful, cos im a bit paranoid at the moment i might hit a large one and have the door come open, which would be fun.... :my:

Anyway thanx in advance guys

Last edited:

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah could just be the rubber. Or the catch mechanism where it shuts onto, open the door and grab the metal peice on the pillar that the door shuts onto and give it a shake to see if it is loose. then while the door is open grab it at the other end (Away from where it is hinged to the car) and give it a light lift up and down to see if it's loose. If there is a bit of movement then your problem is with the hinges.

L31GH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS - S1
thanx guys ill give it a go when ive got it out of the garage, got exams atm so its juz been sitting there for a bit