Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loose front koni shock absorber

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It'll either be the nut, which is seen in the far right of the picture or the thread in the strut...Cross your fingers that it's not the thread in the strut, otherwise it'll be a replacement strut...

1665213406786.png

If you jack the car up from the side, quite often you are able to tighten the nut with a pipe wrench, through the coils of the spring

Best of luck and let us know the result...

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
All fixed. I sent the car into the doctor today. I might have been a bit lucky as all they had to do was clean up the top half of the thread. It took him an hour and cost me $120. I had a bit of a smile to myself when he told me he put heaps of Loctite on the threads as he was the one who fitted them for me in the first place. Not to worry as he has been pretty good with me previously. If I had taken the car to Pedders it would have cost me at least twice as much. They used to be so good under the previous owner.

They had two immaculate cars there. A 1960's Soft top Mercedes, not my cup of tea but a well looked after and an equally tidy 1960's Ford gt. Not quite sure as it was debadged but I think it was a Cortina.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Should have put it in the last time but after i had the car fixed I took it for a 10 k or so run. Totally different car.

We have roller doors with the Ute and the ve behind them About 10 metres back from them is the garage so to get the vh out I put the Ute forward on the grass. To my surprise the wife had opened the roller doors as I hadn't told her how long I would be. She had heard the car coming from about 200 metres away.

Last edited: