Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loosing Water from somewhere???

Acclaim96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Today i parked outside my work and when i got out of the car i noticed a hissing sound and water dripping onto the ground. The temp of the car was only about 1/2 way. After work i drive it home and it seemed fine but then when i checked the over flow there was no water in there and as far as i can tell the radiator isnt full anymore. I only live about a 5 min drive from work so on the way home my temp was only on the second bar. Anyone got any ideas???

Cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
fill it with water let it warm up sitting in the drive till the fan comes on then turn it off and look for leaks should build up enough pressure to push the water out so you can see where its coming from.check all the rubber hoses and the water pump on the front of the engine you may see a leak somewhere if not just drive it check water every day see if you loose any.

Acclaim96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
and sometimes when i have the heater on i get coolant smell sometimes. Thought that might help

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
If its directly above your gearbox where the water is coming out its your heater core and sometimes they only leak under pressure

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
prob one of the side tanks of your radiator, check around the sides for white residue, just a stab in the dark tho

Acclaim96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
ok i got it. The top hose has a split in it. I just couldnt see it as the split has happened just after where the thermostat is.

Just so people know the top hose costs $22.50 from your local holden dealer