Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's house build 5 years in the making

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by losh1971, Dec 5, 2017.

1. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Neighbour is building a house and shed.

2. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Any idea on type and size ?

3. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I think the shed is about a 9 x 9. House is probably similar to mine with a third bedroom. He is using builders and doing very little himself, AFAIK.

VS_Pete and VS 5.0 like this.
  4. VS_Pete

VS_Pete Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
    any news??

5. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Nothing of a late Pete. Since the house has been signed off i haven't really spent any money on the house. I haven't really had enough coin to do any more on the house. Trip to Adelaide cost me a huge amount more than i expected. Plus had a fair for the ute buying parts for upcoming jobs. I need pantry doors and linen press doors but waiting for a while as i need about $1000 to do both linen and pantry. Need to both at the same time as the cabinet maker will only have to drill the hinge holes once as it takes some time to set up the equipment. At the moment i am concentrating on free or cheap stuff, like cleaning up, mowing etc. I almost considering selling as i have had a fair amount of interest. Someone bird inboxed me the other eve. I said to her $260k, just because that will be a good rumor to have around the town. They love talking about you in my town. I'm keen to hear what they say about my $260K price tag..... if i was offered 220 Id probably sell. I want a home to live in full-time not a weekender, because its too far from work.

VS_Pete likes this.
  6. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    The TV news up here on the North Island is proclaiming doom and gloom for property prices.
    Cut through all dramatic BS and they are reporting mainly lower auction clearances, and a couple of % points drop in Sydney and Melbourne, which is irrelevant considering the % increases over the past few years.
    I think that may be also that a lot of people have realised Sydney = Shitsville, and are taking a treechange.
    But what did intrigue me was the reports about Tas property being rock bottom, and some houses selling for less than $50K. It all seemed like the pub rumour from your mate’s cousin’s girlfriend’s brother. I do know of a person who has moved to south of Hobart, and paid $380K for an ordinary place.
    What is happening in Tas regarding these reports.?

7. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I see Tas as behind the rest of Australia. Things here take a while to catch up. Prices went up but were later than the big island. Having said that i see signs already of things slowing down. There a increasingly more homes going on the market and taking longer to sell. Land is selling fairly quick but in saying that its your 1000m blocks that are moving quicker than smaller allotments. I am looking for either a block or a house to buy. I can see land staying about the same price as large blocks on level ground is fairly rareish. But i see houses dropping buy 8-15% over the next year or two. Houses have shot up over the last 3 or so years. People are asking top dollar thinking their homes are worth more than what they are. Im keeping an eye on a house up the road from where we live in Town. They are asking 340k for a 4 bedder 1 bath. Personally id be comfortable at 280 - 290k.

figjam likes this.
  8. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Quick update, i have been getting some extra hours over the last 6 -8 weeks, plus i have been doing some customer landscape jobs. With the extra coin i was able to get some doors and panels made.
    Spent probably 6hrs working on the linen press last night and today. Finally got it finished. I still have to cut two skirt tiles and glue them on. I have a mate who is a tiler, so I might grab a cup of glue off him, rather than buy a bag that will go to waste. Hopefully i still have some grout. Here is a couple of pics. I ended up using a white laminate MDF rather than vinyl wrap. I figured it will still look good for a laundry but at one third the cost. Managed to buy 2 full sheets plus white stripfor about $125 plus another $140 in machining the hinge holes and cuts. Where as the pantry doors alone will be $800 plus $100 to drill the hinge holes.
    20190622_133441.jpg 20190622_133500.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019