Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's New House Build

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If there are any awkward silences, ask them if they know the story of the Howard cultivator First built in uptown Parramatta, home of the mighty Eels!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fertilised the front lawn tonight using Lawn Builder. Says 930m coverage per 15kg bag However, I went through about 8kg on 250m. I was using a spreader too. Just had it on the wrong setting but it was really hard to work out which setting to have it on. I want to do the backyard too so means another trip to Mitre 10 to get another bag, hopefully tomorrow. Expensive gear at $79 a bag but it's the best on the market. I will try a smaller setting when I do the backyard. Shame because had I worked it out the first time I would have had enough to do front and back tonight. Good thing is I know it works with the spreader, whereas the cheaper product wouldn't go through and applying it by hand meant I went through about 70-80kg. Plus once I work out the right setting I can write it on the shed wall so I know for next time.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Also bought a 20kg bag of Rapid Raiser from Mitre 10. Been told citrus are heavy feeders during the growing season, so need to feed them again tonight. Probably piss on the orange tree tonight as well. Try to give it a hit of golden liquid fertiliser every now and then.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bought another 15kg bag of Lawn Builder this eve. Managed to get the correct setting on the spreader. I only needed about two scoops from the new bag after getting the adjustment right. Now I have enough gear for another feed for the entire yard. Hopefully it doesn't go off before I get to use it as I was only planning on doing it once every 12 months.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Bought another 15kg bag of Lawn Builder this eve. Managed to get the correct setting on the spreader. I only needed about two scoops from the new bag after getting the adjustment right. Now I have enough gear for another feed for the entire yard. Hopefully it doesn't go off before I get to use it as I was only planning on doing it once every 12 months.
See what happens in the next few weeks if you notice a difference between the front lawn and back lawn One has an overdose so it might grow like crazy.
My wife did that with seasol once. Sprayed a full bottle on the veggie garden and two days later everything was double the size LOL

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fertilised the front yard maybe two weeks ago. After a week I had to go over where I missed. In the 20 months since sowing the seed I have only ever had yellow lawn. I was watering the lawn three to four times a
week and nothing was turning the lawn green. I've tried cheap fertiliser and still stayed yellow. This time I went with the expensive Lawn Builder and already the lawn is tightening up and is not drying out like it was. I've gone over the missed strip's so hopefully in a week or so they too will green up. I was wanting to avoid using fertiliser as it's not ideal to fertilise lawn as it can become dependent. But with nothing else turning yellow lawn to green I am now glad I did it.

20231226_143734.jpg