Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's New House Build

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s some clever stuff in amongst this movie. Funny as.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Sheds !! Place next door to us is in the process of putting up another new shed.
1st shed, the usual garden shed for mowers and crap.
2nd shed, big enough for 1 car.
3rd shed, big enough for a small caravan. But, gotta get a bigga 'van.,
4th shed, to put the bigga 'van in.
So now they have itty bitty shed, baby shed, mumma shed, and daddy shed.
No room now for a big-arse shed, which they should have built in the first place. :oops:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So still no power to the shed yet. The electricians workers were supposed to have the sub board set up on Tuesday just gone. Turns out they didn't get it done. I took a day and half day off work too to meet my electrician out there and get the power points fitted off on Friday. No idea when the latter will happen now. House electrician said hopefully next week..... This doesn't instil a lot of confidence for me, as he was trying to get me to have my electrician to finish the sub mains, of course my bloke said no, and fair enough too......

On a better note I was able to get my vice stand dyna bolted to the floor as well as my drill press bolted down. Although I split a 16mm ETC socket with the 1/2" ratchet as the last screw bolt on the drill press took a lot to pull it right down. Not too bothered it's a 33 year old socket. I was more worried I might have stripped my 1/2" drive ratchet, which was fairly expensive 20 years ago.
Still need to replace the bolts on the vice to stand as they work loose after a while.

Also assembled the step daughters desk for the new house. Thought I'd give her a surprise as she is at her fathers this weekend.

Resized_20210724_161955.jpeg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So went to the shed last night to find house electrician has done his part, finally. I now have a live circuit to the shed and a RCD box mounted ready to fit RCDs and liven up the circuits I run myself. Not sure when I will get my other electrician out as am yet to receive the bill for current work. I have budgeted $800 to run the sub mains but could be half that or more again, for all I know. It was only 30m of 6mm, two breakers, a 6 module box, two or three 32mm conduits, some flex conduit and a couple galv cable covers. But electrical work is the dearest trade per hour on the most part and huge mark ups on materials, can be as much as 100% or more mark up, so just have to wait and see what the bill comes too.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We got the house keys tonight, yayyyy. Moving in on the weekend but family will start tomorrow while I'm at work. I will get some pics up over the weekend of the house. I figure the shed has had plenty of publicity at this stage.
Quick update on the shed. I got the bill for the hot wire to shed today. I was hoping for $600, but budgeted $800 in case. Well almost a $1000 later..... Just to install 30 odd metres of cable with a breaker each end.... Lights and power points are now on hold. I was hoping for a few $ left so I could get the shed fitted off but nup.... I could dip into the ute savings but nup. If I start taxing that money I will never get another ute.... So shed is day use only for a while.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute