Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's New House Build

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Is that your dog you had all the time?:)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah that's Rudy @VS_Pete had him for over 10 years

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
he`s got alot of patience:D

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
View attachment 213472

Got the bench 3/4 finished. I still need some boards for the shelves. I am thinking VJ lining boards as they will be cheap and light. I have left over 150 x 25 but it's too much work and mess to plane them down to 12mm and leaving them full thickness means a lot of extra weight. I'm in two minds though VJ board will cost money which I'm trying to avoid. As I want to keep costs down. Need to find out the price before I can really decide.
Hope you are not planning on putting too much weight on that bench Losh. Might have a wee bit too much span between uprights.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hope you are not planning on putting too much weight on that bench Losh. Might have a wee bit too much span between uprights.
Not a lot of weight needs to go on it. It is pretty solid regardless and it could probably hold 80kg with no problem. It has a prop in the middle.

kingsizexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
With the old place I built myself being finished the wife and I are now getting a home built. The above plan is only a sketch as the draftsman has made some errors. Shed is right though. 10.5m x 9.m, 3.5m walls and a 17deg roof. Plan is to eventually get a hoist.
Good sketch my friend, just as in my situation, same as yours, me and wife tried to form an approximately same sketch (in matter of quality) as yours, but we just couldn't get the right angles, considering we were trying to build our own style-house, where we never saw one inbefore. Actually we got suggested Arch 10 Custom Home Builders that not just helped us make the good sketch, but also helped us build the house and design the interior just as we liked, no, not as we liked, even better ! After that our dream actually came true, so we didn't have deal with that sketch alone.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Quick update, we have planning approval. This has meant the shed will be allowed even though it's around 30m2 bigger than what would normally be ok. This week I paid for it. It will be around 7 weeks to have it made and delivered. It's going to be touch and go as to whether it will go up this year. Council are swamped with building aps and it could be 7 - 8 weeks before we can scratch the dirt. Ideally we can get the slab down in 6 -7 weeks. I will come down to council. I really want the shed ready so I can clean out my other one, which is pretty much full and has gear everywhere in the second bay and spilling into the pit bay. This makes it hard to work on cars, because you have to put stuff outside or you have to try and squeeze past it all the time,when working. What I'm hoping is that because I am already booked in with the shed builder I might be able to push it out a week or two, if he can bring a different job forward, one that is already planned for December this year.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So plans are completed and went to council last week. I am hoping now I have paid all the fees, we certainly got reamed on draftsman fees and council fees. It was well over $13k all up in the end. I am hopeful the backlog at the council is not going to delay things too much as I'm still wanting for the new shed to go up before the builder shuts for Christmas.
It's been over a year in the planning as it took a long time for the block to settle. Plus with the Covid building grants $25k Fed and $20k State, everything went mental in the building industry over here. I'm keen to get the shed up as I need to clear out my other shed as it's too full and hard to move in, even though cleaned it up somewhat last weekend. 7 years ago I would have never imagined a 7.5m x 7.5m shed would become too small in just a few years, lol. Just hoping I don't outgrow a 10.5m x 9m shed too quickly..... That will make it hard to sell the old place at some point as I might need the old shed for equipment, car and bike parts.....