Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's New House Build

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
View attachment 238942
A job I did a few years ago at a highschool still looks the goods to this day and only gets a slight tease with a a blower for looks!!
I thought the fake grass was only good for about 5 years?

Something like the school, would cost thousands of dollars?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Its also a lot pf prep and would likely cost more than roll out turf. Synthetic requires a dolomite base, it may also require bitum to stop weeds coming through but still allow the rain to soak through.

It require excavations and dirt taken away with the base brought in. I looked into it many years ago and time it was the most expensive option. Back then though turf was $5-$6m with free delivery. Now turf is over $14m and $300 delivery on every load, so maybe $600 in delivery alone.

I knew a turf grower at Strath SA about 10 years and they were very wealthly. They sold their turf at less than $5m to Munns and others as that was my buy it price, with Munns at about $6 a metre including delivery. So have to wonder how much these growers are raking in now...... hahaha.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyway I have finally finished seeding and wrapping. All on my own, hahahaha, because apparently they have uni studies, which somehow requires watching TV?????

I give up....... I just hope my experiment works. No one has told me to try it and I didn't get the idea from the Net either. So unless it's Divine inspiration and the experiment works, I may just have wasted $600 worth of seed, $250 worth of plastic and about 11-12hrs of my time......

Watch this space....... And right now I am saying no to shovelling those piles of dirt...... Someone can be paid to move them with the barrow as my back is aching, hahahaha.
20220619_133928_resized.jpg
20220619_134030_resized.jpg
20220619_134041_resized.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Anyway I have finally finished seeding and wrapping. All on my own, hahahaha, because apparently they have uni studies, which somehow requires watching TV?????

I give up....... I just hope my experiment works. No one has told me to try it and I didn't get the idea from the Net either. So unless it's Divine inspiration and the experiment works, I may just have wasted $600 worth of seed, $250 worth of plastic and about 11-12hrs of my time......

Watch this space....... And right now I am saying no to shovelling those piles of dirt...... Someone can be paid to move them with the barrow as my back is aching, hahahaha. View attachment 238968View attachment 238969View attachment 238970

Dog doesn't look to impressed... :p

You should know by now, telly is study these days... That's why they're called smart t.v's.:)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Dog doesn't look to impressed... :p
Everybody’s too busy watching TV or sowing seeds and no one will play with him.
So he’s trying the“I’m bored look” for effect :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Everybody’s too busy watching TV or sowing seeds and no one will play with him.
So he’s trying the“I’m bored look” for effect :p

Either that or he's thinking, that bastard has covered my toiletting spot.....Maybe I'll wait till he has gone inside and leave my mark then....:D

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I hope that there are no wind gusts for the next month or two, or forever how long that the plastic is intended to be there!

Definitely an interesting experiment and I‘ll be interested to see how it turns out.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

Watch this space....... And right now I am saying no to shovelling those piles of dirt...... Someone can be paid to move them with the barrow as my back is aching, hahahaha. View attachment 238968View attachment 238969View attachment 238970
I don’t want to be a doomsayer losh but I think if the wind gets up your plastic sheeting may be compromised.

Last edited: