Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's New House Build

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have the Kikuyu at my other house and am hoping this year it might spread enough to cover but it's unlikely and I'd say it will take another three years at least.
The seed that works here is bought online and is bred for frost and to germinate in days of 10 - 12deg. I believe it's what the councils use. I have looked into it a little but I think it's pretty expensive far dearer than even your Munns tall fescue which might be ok here. I'd like roll out but that's the most expensive way to go AFAIK.
At this stage I only want to pay for the posi as I don't want to rape my savings too much. I will probably explore lawn options after summer as I will be pumping too much water into it to keep seed wet until at least March.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How do you apply the molasses Fu? Is there a way of connecting a bottle to a hose and spraying it on?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Our average temperature in September is just 16 degrees. If I was in SA I'd say we would be hitting some 25s by now.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Man it would be cool being the first to paint 11's into that clean looking street then do a few doughies at cul de sac
Even better, I could slip the RD out the front and smoke the rear tyre for some fun.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
How do you apply the molasses Fu? Is there a way of connecting a bottle to a hose and spraying it on?
⅓ molasses in a garden product hose on pack. (Seasol containers are good)
⅔ hot water. Hose on before rain. Or water in after.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
⅓ molasses in a garden product hose on pack. (Seasol containers are good)
⅔ hot water. Hose on before rain. Or water in after.
I love the advice you guys give! Even though Fu Manchu’s advice as to what might work, may not work in your situation, I still appreciate the knowledge he has. I’ve been mowing grass for over 35 years albeit my own gardens, and I still know Jack Shite about grass!

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I love the advice you guys give! Even though Fu Manchu’s advice as to what might work, may not work in your situation, I still appreciate the knowledge he has. I’ve been mowing grass for over 35 years albeit my own gardens, and I still know Jack Shite about grass!
Can’t talk now, game on!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The key with molasses is it’s a really cheap crude way to encourage good fungi to grow in the soil and feed the lawn for you.