Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's Series I SS Ute (AKA Black Thunder).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just about finished polishing and waxing Black Thunder. The new rotory is decent. The father in law has a Makita rotary and he showed me how to use it properly.
Father in law recommended I don't use the orange pad, and stick to the black finishing pad. I took his advice and just used the black pad with Turtle Wax Precision Platelet. I spent a bit of time on the tonnneau and got the scratches out a lot but not completely gone. Father in law thought I might rub through if I try to get them completely out. Personally I think I could have got them right out but I didn't want to chance it. The black Turtle Wax has helped a bit more to the point that I'm really happy with the result. Not as good as the bonnet but pretty good.

Right now I am waiting for the Turtle Wax ceramic spray on to dry before I head out and towel it off with cheese cloth, then the micro fibre polishing towel.
It's taking ages to dry as we have had rain the last three days and the humidity is making hard to polish off the thick wax.
So another job that was meant to take less than a day has taken me two days..... So unfortunately the wheel paint didn't even get a look in this weekend. Probably good anyway with the rain we have had.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Just about finished polishing and waxing Black Thunder. The new rotory is decent. The father in law has a Makita rotary and he showed me how to use it properly.
Father in law recommended I don't use the orange pad, and stick to the black finishing pad. I took his advice and just used the black pad with Turtle Wax Precision Platelet. I spent a bit of time on the tonnneau and got the scratches out a lot but not completely gone. Father in law thought I might rub through if I try to get them completely out. Personally I think I could have got them right out but I didn't want to chance it. The black Turtle Wax has helped a bit more to the point that I'm really happy with the result. Not as good as the bonnet but pretty good.

Right now I am waiting for the Turtle Wax ceramic spray on to dry before I head out and towel it off with cheese cloth, then the micro fibre polishing towel.
It's taking ages to dry as we have had rain the last three days and the humidity is making hard to polish off the thick wax.
So another job that was meant to take less than a day has taken me two days..... So unfortunately the wheel paint didn't even get a look in this weekend. Probably good anyway with the rain we have had.

I think it was telling you to do one job at a time.....As we all know, you plan to do 3 jobs, it'll turn into 10 because things go pear shaped....

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

When on earth do you relax and have fun?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
When on earth do you relax and have fun?
I never relax, probably why I can't sleep..... Rarely have fun these days, riding the bike is fun but I haven't been on the track for over 12 months. My life now is work and getting jobs done. I feel good after I have achieved a few jobs when I'm not at work.... It's when things go sideways that the job I'm working on stresses me out and it's no longer enjoyable.... hahahhahaha

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Lol I just tried, the variable resistor switch is a sealed unit. Now it won't even switch off without pulling the power.
Well that didn’t work well :(:p

At least you’ve bought another one which means the old one may work tomorrow :p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Waxing can be therapeutic but when it's been over an hour and it's sill not dry, then it just becomes annoying.

I've just had to go over it twice with some cheese cloth to try and speed it up. Lol, not what I was planning to do on my Sunday night before work the next day...... Must be tea time...... haha

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
At least you’ve bought another one which means the old one may work tomorrow :p
F*cking Murphys Law... :p

Seriously, I would have bought a rotary with a 150mm or 125mm backing pad, as those sized pads are much easier(and cheaper) to procure.