Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's Series I SS Ute (AKA Black Thunder).

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Then why would my old ute and this one be fumy if your at the lights with the heater on and not on recirc? I can't see any exhaust leaks. I went in and had a hole welded up and was inspected just a few months ago and it still smells at the lights.

How do you get to the small second belt though, that's in behind the main belt? I didn't see a tensioner on it anywhere.
I have no idea on your utes, my Maloo has a full exhaust with 100 cell cats and isn't fumey(in cabin or outside).

Take the accessory drive belt off first, then you should see the tensioner for the AC belt.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Finally got the console rear hinge cover finished. It's taken me about two weeks or so to get it where I am now happy with the end result. I had to give it one last light lick of paint Wednesday night as the finish wasn't as good as I wanted. I will get it in the kitchen window tomorrow to get some UV on it before I fit it. Spent probably 1hr or so on it all up. Certainly wouldn't be worth it if paying someone. But I have a few mins here and there and didn't mind. It was either that or a trip to the UPI and pay $10 for one.

console trim.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well it was inevitable my rear main is leaking pretty bad. Leaving decent amount of oil on the shed floor. 99% sure it's the rear main. Too hard to get underneath to inspect but there is not enough oil coming from the crank seal to leave a decent drop on the shed floor the way it is, so yeah most likely the RM.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well it was inevitable my rear main is leaking pretty bad. Leaving decent amount of oil on the shed floor. 99% sure it's the rear main. Too hard to get underneath to inspect but there is not enough oil coming from the crank seal to leave a decent drop on the shed floor the way it is, so yeah most likely the RM.

If that is the case, budget for a clutch replacement......The clutch may be low, therefore having the gearbox out to do the rear main, it might be wise to replace it at the same time....

I'm not saying it will have to be replaced, but something to pre=plan for anyways... :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The clutch is relatively new. It should be fine. When they have the box out they will soon let me know if I need one.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If that is the case, budget for a clutch replacement......The clutch may be low, therefore having the gearbox out to do the rear main, it might be wise to replace it at the same time....

I'm not saying it will have to be replaced, but something to pre=plan for anyways... :)
Any idea how many hours to pull a box and clutch out and refit it?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd ask the garage but I don't know who to take it too. I've used six different garages over my time and four have dicked me around in some way. One closed up and the other is mainly a tuner. I'm at a bit of a loss in who to take it too.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hoist is 5-7 weeks from time of ordering to time of having it connected to the power.
I wouldn't tackle it myself anyway. I've been there with manuals and autos and have had a friend to help. I no longer have anyone to help so it's not something I can do myself.
I have little choice but to pay someone. Just trying to work out an estimate on cost?