Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's Series I SS Ute (AKA Black Thunder).

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
With the oil leak, did you lose much oil?
Maybe 200mls? Hard to say as it's now on the min level but it was heading that way regardless even before it was leaving oil on the ground.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's been less than a week that it's leaked bad. I noticed a single tiny drop maybe two weeks ago, but wasn't concerned at the time. Today is when I noticed about 10 big drops all in different spots but relatively close together. I thought it was the RM, but also thought wow that escalated quick from a tiny 2ml drip hanging off the sump, which was easily wiped off when I was over the pit to a fair bit of oil underneath and on the ground.

Reactions: Lex

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
That price is Repco.

I just felt the switch and there is no oil near it or on it.
Although it may be possible to get to it with the manifold cover in place I think it may be easier to see without it on?

It does appear to be obstructing my view, well I think it is? It may not make a difference but it sits pretty close to the switch.

View attachment 239228
$164 from Holden genuine ACDelco, although when first quoted was $210 when I gasped he gave me a discount.
Online have seen around the sub $100 mark.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
$164 from Holden genuine ACDelco, although when first quoted was $210 when I gasped he gave me a discount.
Online have seen around the sub $100 mark.
What brand are around $100? Tridon and Goss are cheaper but they are known to fail pretty quickly. Garage near home won't use Tridon, too many failures.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd probably want to stick to AC Delco where I can on this bus. Have had a lot of problems with other brands. Not that I need one but if I ever do.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Why not just ring Holden? They can give you the part number. When I got the V6 one the parts guy at Motorama Holden was super helpful and they had no issue sending to Perth.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm confused I'm being told to buy a new oil pressure switch when mine hasn't failed? Hahahaha. I only looked online because I wanted an idea on price in case mine was leaking. Turns out the switch is not why I had a leak.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I'm confused I'm being told to buy a new oil pressure switch when mine hasn't failed? Hahahaha. I only looked online because I wanted an idea on price in case mine was leaking. Turns out the switch is not why I had a leak.

We know you too well! :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Holden don't look after me on prices so I'd need to try elsewhere to get a Delco one, if I ever need one. Holden are difficult to deal with too since they shut at 4.30.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I priced up heat shield clips at Holden and they want nearly $7 each. Seems a lot for something that can bought elsewhere for $2.50 each.