Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I hope to fit the Pacies in 2-3 weeks. CAI might not be until year probably.

Cai did not make any performance improvement but did definitely help economy and increased distance per tank

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm thinking the Pacies should also help economy by reducing the back pressure caused by the stock exhaust manifold having too shorter tubes that work against the other cylinder's gas trying to escape. I too have a Redback cat back. I have a resonator on mine now but according to another pretty cluey member who is a mech says the resonator shouldn't affect performance or economy to anything noticeable.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fitted the new memcal this arvo. For some reason it wouldn't start once I fitted it. Then ended having trouble then starting it with the old memcal. After a couple more goes it fired on the old memcal. Swapped it to the new Mace memcal and it started. Initially it had a really long crank but now flick the switch and it fires up within 2 seconds. It also had a lot of induction noise to start with but that has quietened right down now it has had a run???? Seems to have a little more poke but I have also fitted a new 02 sensor so hard to say how much it has improved performance. But it does seem a reasonable bit more responsive than it did the other night when all I had done was fit the new O2 sensor. Not sure if the few strange things are normal or not?? Mace support had no answers and wasn't able to tell me why it was initially not right.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So I bought two bolts for the flanges on the Y pipe today and the gasket for the cat flange. Thinking right, I now have all the parts I need to fit the Pacies once I sandblast and paint them. Then I realised I need 4 bolts, not two..... o_Oo_Oo_O

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Dam, and I thought as much trouble as mine is ,I still got to enjoy it today .

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Can you reuse a couple of bolts until you get back to the shop? Or is that just tempting fate?