Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I went for a quick drive once I got it started and the battery charged back up. Running like a dream. It was running pretty good before now it runs sweet as. I found one bolt in the shed tonight just need to buy one more next week. I'm not in a real hurry to get the Pacies on because I don't feel like doing the work..... Sandblasting is not fun and fiddling around fitting headers will only be slightly better than taking them off. Actually probably a fair bit better because in the shed as I can stand up underneath rather than lying in the dirt with 2.-3 inches of space above me....:)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can you reuse a couple of bolts until you get back to the shop? Or is that just tempting fate?

I left the bolts at the wreckers...... Yet I grabbed the bolts for the heads. I need to sandblast them anyway and I had to order a new head dust shield and some blaster tips. Tips are coming from the UK so might take 2-3 weeks to arrive.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I thought I saw a lathe in your shed;)
Nah just finish the damn house already!

H

harrop.senator

Blast tips on a non drift spec VR. Interesting keen to see result.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Blast tips on a non drift spec VR. Interesting keen to see result.
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm talking about tips for the sand blaster to clean up the Pacies ready for paint, or did you know that???

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Having said that thought I already have the drift tyres on the rear.... :p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought I saw a lathe in your shed;)
Nah just finish the damn house already!

I have thought about getting some made from mild steel because the ceramic ones only last for about an hour before they wear out. Yeah do need to finish the house. I plan on finishing the balustrade wires tomorrow, only have three runs to go.

H

harrop.senator

What makes em the drift tyres :p lol.

Cbfed going n taking pics of any of my cars with them fitted but these are blast pipes. Usually found on Japanese cars always twins, usually link to the direction of what side they're exiting and a foot long of straight 3-4" pipes from a big single.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What makes them drift tyres you say??? Only what you told me six months ago. The rears are the same cheap, hard tyres the guys use for drifting. I can't remember the brand, but they are not great. I want to get new ones but the bastards just won't wear out they are that hard....

H

harrop.senator

Hahaha good for drift means low profile and under $75 a pop supply price.

So federal 595? Achilles sport , wanli , goodride , nankang ns , roadstone n6000 , westlake ,Black lion , blue streak or haidas?

6 months isn't a long time to get out of rears with a buick n no locker I'll say youllybe waiting a while.