Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Damn, bitch won't start, it's a flatbed and I only need to get 1km up the road. Lol

Maybe this will help...:p

1609739604316.png

Sorry had to have a quick joke about it, so please don't get offended

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They call me "Passion Fingers"..... I can explain if needed. I'm starting to wonder if it's me??

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The later model L36 or 3800 V6 series 2 (ecotec to us) engines use a reverse rotation TPS, looks the same, same plug etc but opposite orientation. The earlier 3800 V6 uses a different TB to us so I'm not 100% sure if they are compatible but they are a GM sensor so no doubt there would be an equivalent unit on GM engines.

Our V6 motors use ALDL but use the OBD2 plug from VR onward.

Thanks for the info

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Interesting in that the wiring diagram that @wildfiremaint posted shows the earth shared bewteen TPS and coolant temp sensor. It shows the earth as a dot in the diagram but it could be implemented in a number of ways, earth bolt, internal loom crimp, etc... If this earth joint is dodgie, then the TPS reference signal can swing wildly (since the earth can fluctuate between 0 and 5V dependant on maybe vibration or engine bay temps). This is especially frustrating to fault find if it is indeed an intermitant vibration/heat induced issue....

So again it could be some wiring issue is at play as multiple TPS's can't be all be inaccurate/poor quality/faulty... Coolant earth is common to the circuit...

Old school works best when backprobing the TPS sensor wire as using an analogue meter it becomes easier to detect voltage sweep issues as compared to using a digital meter.

You could also try and unplug the water temp sensor and see how that goes :rolleyes:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I have to say that is funny. Not mean disrespect buy I do love dark and sarcastic humour.
Yes, funny.
Just make sure you've payed your insurance :eek:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
They call me "Passion Fingers"..... I can explain if needed. I'm starting to wonder if it's me??

Is ok, I admire your enthusiasm. I can say I am that way too. Hey, I say all have a fix, at this point is a Gremlin that need to be squashed.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'd have to see if I can find one that fits Fu but that one certainly doesn't.