Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone know of a good place in Adelaide to buy aftermarket centre caps?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They look like wheels made by performance wheels....Most tyre shops have access to performance wheels, so they should have access to the centre caps

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
City Discount Tyres? I know where they are at Reynella.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
City Discount Tyres? I know where they are at Reynella.

Not sure if they are still there, as the City Discount chain seem to be going down hill rapidly...However there is 3 other tyre stores on the same stretch of road, that should deal with performance wheels...They are Bridgestone, Bob Jane T-marts and Beaurepaires. And from shitty memory, there is another store, next door to where City discount used to be (if they are still there)...Can't remember the name though.....It's been about 3 years since I've been down Sheriffs Road

If you don't want to head to Reynella, There are stores closer to where you are staying....Aldinga has 2....Midcoast tyres (Lacey Drive) and Aldinga tyres (Aldinga Road)......Seaford has 3 Bob Jane T-mart, Tyrepower and Beaurepaires...(Griffiths Road)....Noarlunga has a Beaurepaires...Can't remember the street name) That's all I can think of off the top of my head

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cheers VC, out of three stores I should find a place that can get me some caps. Might even try BJTM in Launceston and see if they can get me some. We also have Bridgstone in Launi.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Cheers VC, out of three stores I should find a place that can get me some caps. Might even try BJTM in Launceston and see if they can get me some. We also have Bridgstone in Launi.

Updated some more stores in my post for you

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Ouch...... And it says they won't fit my copies....

Don't know what to say about those claims without being rude.

Where to start with my rant about some of that bxxxxxxt
I have my genuine maloo rims , plus the ( i think vs gts rims) which are genuine, plus one copy, all have same center hole sizes.
So he is correct hsv wheel center decals are 63 mm , Holden are 60 mm.
So if you check my ride thread I bought some red hsv wheel center caps , * they are for VEs , they do not fit my wheels , had to silastic them in .
Silastic went really hard and tyre shop would not remove them to balance .
So went to wreckers and bought ( he only had two ) , ones now broken so I still need 3,
NOTE , bought Holden wheel center caps , peeled holden decal off and glued hsv decal on and installed on wheels .

AGAIN NOTE, I still have wheel center caps because they fitted .
The first part # in his add is for the cap itself and is the same for my holden cap and my hsv caps, the cap with the silicon all over it is the ve ones
see photos

https://i.imgur.com/ygrMRRg.jpg[/img]']

this photo with just holden decal sitting in it

A photo of the hsv casting in the wheel

A photo of the back of the holden wheel center cap.
Check one of your caps . see if same #
I'll check tomorrow to see if the VT/VX HSV decals are the same as the VR/VS , if so they might be more plentyfull and cheaper then you'd Just need a holden cap and glue hsv decal on

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
All due respect afstruct, but those rims of yours are 17" or 18" aren't they? Losh has 16" rims, which would suggest they are aftermarket, which generally means the centre hole, for the centre cap is generally smaller than the factory rims....

So yes, gluing the factory badge on the centre cap is a brilliant idea, but still leave the issue of sourcing the centre caps....

And silastic on the caps to hold them in position is a good idea, but tyre fitters do get worried about removing caps with silastic for fear of breaking them and wearing the wraith of the owner for breaking them...

UteBeautVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute
Yeeeha! Looking good mate! I do like those wheels and your front bar setup.
I noticed your pinstriping is different to mine, are they the original or off a VS model?
I had one of my centre caps fall off when I was washing them (thankgod).