Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah don't want to disturb until changing over. I missed, you're changing steering column because? Yeah, coolant and distilled water not cheap. With my cooling issues earlier in the year I started to think I had shares in coolant company

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Changing column because the lower housing bearing has collapsed. Im wrapped to have my heater sorted by te rad tech. He reverse flushed it and its great now. On another note my pass actuator has come unhooked again. Need to lengthen the hook on the mech. Thinking of slipping a thin piece of tube over it. Just need to find a place that sells really thin plastic tube.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice, I know I'd keep thinking I need to sort heater and next winter go why didn't I fix that before now

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Had the left trim off again and hopefully for the last time in a while. I was still having the the actuator eyelet not staying on the lock mech. I ended up drilling the eyelet out and JB welding a piece of 8mm clear tube over the hook of the mech to make sure it couldn't slide off by making it longer. Just waiting for the glue to dry now and hopefully the problem is solved.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just when I thought I had the central locking sorted and the mech has become unhooked on the drivers side now. Bugger me now i need to make an ext for the drivers mech.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Fixed the drivers actuator. I added a bit of 8mm hose to extend the hook on the lock mech. Getting real quick at removing the lock and latch mechs now. Didn't have the tool for the winder clip so had to fiddle it with a butter knife and smalll flat screw driver to get it off.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Small Philips are good for winder clips cos the clip ends fit well in between the blades to give you some grip.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
small bit of rag is the easiest way to remove winder clips..though this method can send em flying in any direction if your not ready for it :)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have been borrowing the tool but I gave it back. I think I might have one in my roller cab but I keep forgetting to chuck it in the ute box when I pack my tools to head to the fiancé's house. I like the rag idea certainly less likely to cause scratches.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
small bit of rag is the easiest way to remove winder clips..though this method can send em flying in any direction if your not ready for it
Ditto. Works well and doesn't scratch.
A good strong magnet is a help for finding things like retainer clips after they go flying too.
Hey Losh, I hope the fiance is into commie utes too!