Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Losh's VR Ute build thread

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I suspect there must be more than two people in the state doing PDR but I have searched online and I have only found one in Launceston and one in Hobart. I don't know how to find anyone else doing it as we only have a few JC members in Tas.

Tried asking second hand car dealers ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Switching insurance Cos Sunday week. Shannons have offered me $7,500 agreed. NRMA max was $3,400. My old policy expires in 10 days and then the Shannons one will kick in. The best part is $42 a month, which is what I pay now.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Tried asking second hand car dealers ?

There is only one in the north of the state I found out, and he is the one that didn't want to work on my old ute.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
There is only one in the north of the state I found out, and he is the one that didn't want to work on my old ute.

Bugger.

Maybe there is a business opportunity for you.

VR.Ute.LovIt

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 Holden VR Commodore Ute
Small Philips are good for winder clips cos the clip ends fit well in between the blades to give you some grip.
Even better is a rag, I will undo any window winder clip in half a second, try it sometime.
Hold the rag so it is tight between both hands and take the tag under the winder handle and bring your right hand around in a clock wise motion keeping it reasonably firm against the shaft of the window reg until you have done a full turn or have felt the clip come undone and if done right it will be in the rag and not sprung half way across the workshop or the grass depending on your position.
Best way I have found for doing those mate

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Switching insurance Cos Sunday week. Shannons have offered me $7,500 agreed. NRMA max was $3,400. My old policy expires in 10 days and then the Shannons one will kick in. The best part is $42 a month, which is what I pay now.
Have you looked at Woolworths for insurance? I think we pay about $380 for the year for our VE and that's comprehensive. It is valued at about $22,00 We do less than 7,000 k's a year which might not help you.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Have you looked at Woolworths for insurance? I think we pay about $380 for the year for our VE and that's comprehensive. It is valued at about $22,00 We do less than 7,000 k's a year which might not help you.
I've only tried NRMA and now Shannons. I'm happy with Shannons. I was shocked that an old V6 ute could be insured for so much. But I'm glad, my concern was getting rear ended and it becoming a writeoff with minor damage. Especially when I have spent a lot of hours and a lot of coin on the old bus.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Grabbed a few mudflap screws from the wrecker today, as I want to keep them OEM s much as possible. Found the mudflap screws easy enough but I looked at 20 or more VN - VS wrecks and I could not find one countersunk bar cover screw..... I now have to decide whether I keep being anal or swap both sides to flat head screws.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
BTW if anyone knows where I can get one of these screws please let me know? I'm not sure that all VR - VS even had them.