Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loss of power

R

rail

Hi guys,hope you can help.I own a vs v8 ute,ive just replaced the exhaust to a maloo twin system including extractors.I kept the old o2 senser.The ute has lost power.At idle its fine,but under load its gutless.I contacted a holden dealers and told him the problem.His reply was that because ive changed exhaust from a stock single system to a twin system i need to have the computer remapped.Im replacing the o2 senser tomorrow 4/08/05.Any help would be greatly appreciated

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
On the V6 VS with twin pipes there are 2 O2 sensors - one for each pipe. Maybe you'll need the 2 now that you've got 2 pipes instead of 1. ???? The people who supplied the extractors should be able to help you.

R

rail

THE problem with that is the maloo system only allows for 1 o2 senser.

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
maybe not enough back pressure? Ive read a writeup about exhaust sizes etc on these forums somewhere.

Do a search.

R

rail

Ok,guys ive found the problem.there is a broken wire between the male plug and the wiring loom,also the 02 senser is for a v6 thats in it at the monent not 4 a v8.the v8 is a larger diameter