Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loss of revs/power in VS

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
i was cruisin down the highway the other day and gave the car a good push to see what its got. i turned the corner pretty hard spinning the wheels and the car just feels like its not revving as high. the loud exhaust has pretty much silenced it self nearly and the car slowly makes its way to 100 where as before it would really feel like it wanted to go that fast. i just did an engine oil change today wich didn make much of a difference.

the transmision has oil leaks from the gasket but its constantly topped up and still feels like a slug even after i dump about 2 liters of fresh oil in it.

any ideas?? would adjusting the throttle cable do much ?? maybe its come loose or somethin from givin it quick n hard accelerations or something ??

thanks

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Sounds like your car is in "Limp Home Mode" due to a transmission problem....do a codes test (see 'how to' section) In LHM you will only have 3rd gear and reverse available....it's designed to save further damage to the engine/trans.

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
i think before u mentiond somethin about it being in "limp home" mode ... i plugged the scan tool from work into it and it said something about the tranmision being high voltage or somethin like that .. when i plug the scan tool in tomoro again to reset the airbag light il let ya know everythin thats it givin me