Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lost 2nd And 4th

menzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Omega
i was driving along and all of a sudden my car would not go into 4th gear and the next day it won't go into 2nd

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
more info menzy,did you have any problems leading up to this,sounds like selectors to me ,maybe an adjustment on gear lever,any noises in gear box
cheers fergi

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I think the selonids in the transmission are gone. Get it fixed, or it might cost the whole transmission...

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
in auto's you got cluthes just like manuals, kinda cool, high pressure oil will flow into your gearbox and cause the clutch to opperate, hence you can shift with the bands and engage each specific gear, if it's a auto, you will find that the topend of the clutch (3rd and 4th share the same one) and 2nd and 1st share the same one, you will find that your clutch is gone, only word of advice, rip it out and put a new one in, by that i mean, a reco box or a second hand one out of a wreck the whole box that is.

if it's a manual, you will find it's the synchronizer insert springs for each gear, (these springs alow gear changes in manuals while moving) are gone, sollution, rebuild, you can do it yourself, not to hard, i have a book here i can make up a little ditty for ya. 2nd 4th and r are all lower gears in the manual box, where 1st 3rd and 5th are all upper gear's in the gearbox. usualy when a manaul goes, it takes a whole section with it, if it's a manual, you will loose reverse soon, if it's auto, you will loose all gearbox functions very soon and it will jam up on ya

sorry dude, no good new's there, all doom and gloom

cheers
garth

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I had a problem once where my vp auto would not go into top gear soI took it to a auto place nearby and left it with them.
They rang me and said she's stuffed ..top gear clutches gone ...you need a new one charged me $30 for that information.
I took his word and proceeded to look for another transmission.
Somewhere after that I took the car to another place and the bloke took the car for a drive and confirmed the fault but said before we pull it apart lets try something.He grabbed the inner part of the TV cable that goes down to the automatic at the throttle and pulled it as far as it would go and let it go and did this about 3 times.
After that the car changed into top with no probs and the problem didn't happen again.
He wouldn't take any money for it so needless to say I will be doing business with him in the future not to mention recommend him to anyone on the Northside of Brisbane around Sandgate who needs his auto serviced or fixed.