Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[WA] Lost key to VT commodore HELP/ADVICED required

bossphillips

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Acclaim
Hey guys,

Just after your 2c regarding immobilisers on VT commodores. I know its been looked at a few times on the forums but there is so much I dont know what is true and what isnt. I own a 99 Vt acclaim but lost the key and immobiliser on the weekend. I have a spare key which opens the door manually but has will not immobilise the car obviously so that is no help at all. I ask the guy I bought it from if he had a spare or the doccuments from it but unfortunately does not.

So what Im asking is there a way I can or someone else out there can disconnect the immobiliser until I can afford a new one? Any advice to get my car back running again would be greatly appreciated. I have rego papers and ID to prove the car belongs to me.

Hope alls good.

Cheers,
Mitch

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
When I was getting a spare key done for my VY in case I ever lose one I went to a locksmith who was going to charge ~$160 to call someone with my VIN and get a special code to create a new key. So try calling around a regular locksmith.

I ended up getting a spare done at mister minute for $110 but he used my working key to create it. Not possible for you.

I would assume VT is the same process as VY.

MiroNeto

Reaction score
Website
www.omegaclube.com.br
Members Ride
Holden VY Commodore 2004 (Omega CD in BRASIL)