Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lost Key

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
Hey guys I went shopping tonight and got back out to my car and s*** no keys. Luckily the missus had a set on her. Anyways went back in tried to remember where i went and which register i went through, but to no avail. Then i went to centre management and asked if anybody had handed a set of keys that looked like this (had the missus keys to show), they took my number and said if they get handed in they will ring me. Now my main question is i guess what can i do now?? Obviously i can get another one but can i get the frequency changed on the unlocking (is that possible) or do i just pray they get handed in and they dont find out where i live??

Cheers,
Brownie

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
as long as your address wasnt with your keys you'll probably be right mate

a vz commodore key is fairly anonymous

brownie82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
yeah nah it was just car key, glove box key and a key for my locker at work.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
you never know.... maybe who ever got your key will just walk around the carpark looking for any indicator lights flashing to see what car they can get into ...

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
if you are really concerned about them finding the car, the only way is to get all the locks re-keyed & replace the BCM & remaining remotes, its a pretty expensive job all up, probably about $500-$600.

Rob