Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tori

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Can someone help me or point me in the right direction for information on the ignition barrel, door locks and BCM. I have lost the only key i have to my VY SS ute, now i have another VY sedan that i have the key for but I'm unsure of how i would go about swapping everything over. i know its not as simple as just swapping over the barrel and everythings sweet. If i swap the BCM out will the key work in my SS or will the BCM need to be Linked to PCM. i have more questions if someone is able to help

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
I'd call the RACQ if you cant get into the car, then call a locksmith who can cut and code another key

it can be swapped over but is a big job, and the BCM does have to be paired to the PCM, but you ute BCM probably wont suit a sedan

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If the locksmith doesn't work, try Holden. A number of people on this forum have said that a key can be cut by providing them with the VIN. Whether or not this is true, I dunno.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Holden will be able to provide you with either the code for the key to be cut, or get one cut for you. The issue is then going to be linking the new key to the car.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The issue is then going to be linking the new key to the car.

If the keyhead is new there's a linking procedure that just involves sticking it in the ignition and doing a couple of things. Whoever cuts the key usually gives instructions for it too (well, they did for me anyway).

Clubbyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7l senator rep
Hay I'm new to this forum
I have lost the key to my vy again
Last time I lost the key I had a spare key fob so I just changed the key barrel and used the gm key fob

Now I have lost the hole bluddy thing
I still have the gm key barrel that came with the car new can I take that to a lock smith a get a new key fob corded to the bcm or do I need to go to holden to get the codes off them then go to a lock smith

BTW I only need new key fob I have changed the barrel and door lock

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
It should be no different to when you just buy a new fob because the battery in the old one has died.
My local locksmith will re-code my new fob even though I bought it from eBay.
BTW HSV/Holden can also re-code the new fob but they usually want your car all day to do it.
You don't need a new BCM

Clubbyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7l senator rep
So just by a new key fob go to lock smith and get them to record one I have the key barrel code is that the one I need or is it different to bcm code

BTW when lock out of holden the door lock will unlock if you pump more then 60psi into them even if double locked with alarm on thats how I unlocked mine It was locked when I lost key

Last edited: