Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
If anyone has any ideas as to what the **** is going on with my car id really appreciate it. This cars just had problem after problem Ive got a vs ecotec manual ute, picked it up for $350 with no rego, clutch or fuel pressure. After i got it, i changed plugs, leads, injectors rail and regulator (with blue vt ones thinking they had better atomization) fuel pump and filter, clutch smf slave and master cylinder and full exhaust, since ive had the vt injectors and fuel rail installed the car has every now and again lost all power going round a corner for a second (has happened like 3 times in a month of driving every day seems random) as if i momentarily loose fuel pressure. today when it happened after going around a left hand bend the car had a quick shudder like always but then had 5 or 6 super loud backfires i thought gunshots were going off haha, looked behind me and seen the black smoke from the burned fuel and realised it was my car then it imidiently shut itself off and i coasted to a stop, started it back up and it was fine again, could this be due to the vt injectors needing extra pressure, should i be useing a vt fuel pump also? Anyone that can help me with this delema id really appreciate it thanks

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Check for error codes, sometimes a faulty TPS will cause backfires.

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Thanks for the response mate, ill do that and see what it brings up, been meaning to do that anyway as it sometimes seems like it goes into limp mode every now and again (no power over 4k rpm) and when i turn it off and on again its better

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How much fuel is in the tank when this happens ?

Sounds like swirl pot / return line issue.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Fuel pump sucking air

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Happens with over half a tank of fuel, it shouldn't be a swirl pot return line problem as i re did all the lines and made sure the return line and the pump was in the correct spot when changing the pump, i checked codes and got 47 cas so ill change that and see if it makes a difference, does anyone know if the vt-vy v6 had a higher flow fuel pump then vs-vr?

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Vt vy fuel pump Flow: 3 Bar at 110 L/h - Square Grey Plug
Havent been able to find vs vr specs anywhere

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Update, changed cas took it for a drive and got the same thing, random sudden loss of power for a second around corners and over bumps, tacho drops to zero and engine light comes on any ideas? Happens with a full tank of fuel

njames

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
And still getting code 47 does anyone know how long it takes codes to clear after you fix the issue?

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
And still getting code 47 does anyone know how long it takes codes to clear after you fix the issue?
Apparently its a cycle reset unless it establishes the problem still exist on later model. It can be manually reset at a auto elec