Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

loud creaking in steering wheel? - executive

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
When I had my first set of wheels put on I noticed a creaking sound whenever I turn the steering wheel. Went back to the place that put on the wheels and they told me to go see a mechanic :rant: , I've since been too lazy to go get it checked but wondered what users on here may think the problem is? I replaced my power steering fluid but it's still there, a mate said something about stabiliser rods?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Possibly steering tie-rod ends/bushings worn down or loose; my old VP Commodore had a creaking when the wheel was fully turned then back, and it was traced to worn down tie-rod bushing — but it could be something more involved. Tie-rod problems are not always obvious when changing tyres but would be noticed by a wheel aligner working underneath. Importantly, there is likely a safety concern in this and as such you might benefit from having the car professionally examined now before that creaking becomes a crashing... ;)