Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loud Sensors/Indicators after Amp

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Hi guys

Anyone had their indicators and reverse sensors become really loud after having an amp put in? Obviously the amp amplifies all sounds but is there a way to reroute the sound to just the centre speakerof something like that?

I'm pretty sure the sensors and indicators are only coming through the front speakers normally. Could I grab the stereo signal from the rear speakers and leave the front as is?

Thanks in advance guys

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I pulled my car apart to see where it's getting signals from.

Please bear with my terrible napkin drawing.

http://imgur.com/t8l9Sxn

As you can see the front speakers are fed by the original front signals.

Infortunately the headunit send the indicator and reverse signals to the front speakers and centre speakers.

Is there a way I can feed the new front speakers with the old rear signal so I don't get the indicators? But thrn how do I feed the subwoofer?

Sorry if I'm not being coherent. :(

Thsnks in advance

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
The indicators/warning tones etc all come through just the drivers front door. I have a fully amped system and had no issues with loud tones, It will all come down to tuning on the amp end of things. Lower the gains of the amp. The system will still get loud but with the headunit at a higher level. But in doing that, the tones are not louder.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
^^^^ +1

Never been an issue for me in the past. I'd suggest lowering the gains on your hi-lo convertor and pushing them up on your amp a bit.