Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loud Vibrating Noise In My 06 SV6

Red SV6

Alloytech
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6 2006
Gday guys

Not sure how to explain it as i have searched for it on the net before and cannot find anything at all about it,
When I cruise at 80kmh and slightly accelerate there is a loud vibration noise that you can hear and very easily feel throughout the whole car and steering, also at 100kmh when I slightly accelerate it is extremely loud and the vibration is horrendous. this has been happening since i bought the car in June 2013 and has gotten worse. Its not a wheel alignment because i have had that done and its not just a shaking in the steering wheel it feels as if the car is going to fall apart. so again this only happens between 80-100kmh with light to mid acceleration other than that it does not do it.

Any Help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
Not a misfire is it? Low RPM in other gears the same?

If not then:

Just in 4th I'd say the converter. Does it do it in 3rd at the same speeds?

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
dodgy TCC solenoid more than likely.

Very common on the 4 speeds.

My VS used to do the same thing, took me almost 6 months to figure out what it is, because I cbf replacing the trans I had the lockup disabled in the tune, it revved a little higher on the freeway and probably puts more wear on the trans.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
I had the same problem sitting on 80km , turned out to be my trans mount , very hard to say what's your problem would be , you just have to narrow it down , can only advise to check that and also tail shaft centre bearing and uni joints . had my car looked out by 3 different places and all of them could not find the problem , I got under myself and found my trans mount was torn and it made the whole car shake even the gear stick.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
^^ Good call ^^

zerteck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore wagon
So Yer not wheel balance as it goes away, its gone now when the fault is present. It vibrates all the time when accelerating back off and it goes away, I dont have alot of experience with new cars and auto and if if was tail shaft or uni I would think it would do it all the time. I believe. Its somthing with the stall.????????

Red SV6

Alloytech
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6 2006
mine is the 5 speed auto and it only does it in 5th

MaRtYz

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2005 Holden VZ Calais Sports Automatic
I had a similar problem. Only happened between 80km and 100km when accelerating. Eventually it got worse and started happening between 70km and at 110km (never took past 110km). The whole car would jerk and vibrate. Turned out to be a cracked spark plug causing a misfire. I changed all the plugs and ran perfectly again. I also cleaned the throttle body and MAF sensor and it runs better than when I bought it. You might have the same issue which I would lead to be a bad spark plug or coil pack. But by your explanation, it seems worse. Just my 2 cents.

When my car started to jerk and vibrate I noticed the revs would drop when accelerating. Do your revs drop when accelerating between 80km and 100km? I think it dropped to around the 1600 mark, I'm not too quite sure on that since it happened a while ago so I can't remember. You might also want to consider taking it to Holden or a mechanic with a Tech2 diagnostic tool to find out what the exact problem/s your car may have.

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
How difficult is it to replace the TCC solenoid in the 4 speed, Can you get to it just by pulling the pan off ?