Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low 0.5 per cent finance deal

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Do they still do 0.5% plus a discount or do they make you pay full tote? If so, I might go buy a triton next time Mitsubishi run such a promo.

Reaper

im not sure, he traded his old one in for 20 and got the newie on the 0,5. but i doubt he would have haggled much. it all goes thru the business anyway lol

Contrary to popular opinion (even by a heap of people that should know better", "putting it thru the business" does not mean free (unless it's somebody elses business that you have absolutely no financial interest in what so ever). There is just as much incentive to haggle even after the tax brakes (once again "claiming on tax" does not mean you get the car for free)..

problem with these deals are they make you pay near on RRP for the car. The dealers arent going to lose money I'll give you the tip.

OK - to answer my own question - happened across the answer else where by accident. Holden have pulled all factory incentives on the models for the offer. Thus the only saving you can get is what will be haggled from the dealers margin (roughly 10% gross). The finance deal has been negotiation by Holden Corporate and thus the dealers won't loose any money on that part of things. Holden will carry that cost but it's really the consumer who pays as they forgo the previously available factory discounting. If the Customer rocks up to a dealer with cash (or their own finance) Holden have other things they can offer in leu.

Reaper

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
i went in last week to look at a sv6 normal price of about 36-37k new but under the 0.5 finance it jumped to 48k ( supposed rrp but ive never seen it advertised at that price anywhere ) thats like a 12k jump . so there is no real saving all they have done is add the interest you would normally pay on a 36k purchase and called it a 0.5 fiance . ended up buying a 2010 s2 sv6