Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low 5v reference voltage

wild mulberry

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5lt berlina wagon
basics meaning your battery is properly charged as stated above needs to be 13-14volts ..(if its 12.7v its kinda OK you will need a new one soon).... but then check with hbeam on. check your battery terminals are clean and tight check your earth connections are clean and tight. then go from there. hope this helps

Mork5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0
basics meaning your battery is properly charged as stated above needs to be 13-14volts ..(if its 12.7v its kinda OK you will need a new one soon).... but then check with hbeam on. check your battery terminals are clean and tight check your earth connections are clean and tight. then go from there. hope this helps
Nah all that is sweet redone battery terminals whole things new batterys charged ...
The guys before me were playing around got a couple of stray wires etc .hopefully the auto electrician can find something ☹️
Like I'm not a complete noob
Got 1.20 v at my sensors nothings going to work correctly
But yeah that was good advice

Mork5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0
So I found this .think I'm all good
And this might be helpful to someone else .all these videos I've been watching saying 5 v to all sensors wtf?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-181306~2.png
    Screenshot_20211112-181306~2.png
    746.6 KB · Views: 111

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
swear it's the connection to ECM put some Vaseline on the pins
Do not use vaseline on electrical connections, especially low voltage electrical connections within the engine compartment. It has a low melting point and is electrically conductive. Its much better to use dielectric grease, sparingly.

In fact dielectric grease is specified in some service bulletins while the only use of Vaseline I've seen within automotive electrical is on battery posts…

PS: if voltage increased after applying vaseline, I’d suggest the contact was either corroded and the grease and reinsertion wiped the crud clean so there was better contact or the female contact pressure is less that it should be and the Vaseline helps with the conduction (but can help conduct elsewhere which is why it ain’t great to use)….

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
… all these videos I've been watching saying 5 v to all sensors wtf?
Yeah, youtube can be misleading… I like Diagnosedan as he’s very good with explaining such things.… Hard start and temp sensor issue is explained below (but like everything automotive, what one manufacturer does doesn’t always translate to another manufacturer implementation even with the many commonalities that exist).

Mork5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0
Yeah, youtube can be misleading… I like Diagnosedan as he’s very good with explaining such things.… Hard start and temp sensor issue is explained below (but like everything automotive, what one manufacturer does doesn’t always translate to another manufacturer implementation even with the many commonalities that exist).

Yeah I think I'm right ...with those voltages ,the other day after I changed computer started first go and I tried to move the dizzy to get a better idle without connecter bridged gave it a couple of revs fouled the plugs ....
Just wanted to rule it out ...
Cheers guys