Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

low bcm to high bcm???? HELP

puopoa

Antz
Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK 05 VZ SV6 6SP Manual
wanting to install the remote boot release function in my VS.

just wondering if this is a case of obtaining a high bcm + plus all the harnesses required for the bcm and then plug it all in appropriatley and have a working high bcm???? with of course the matched key head.

i have a 97 vs acclaim which came with a low bcm which everyone says acclaims came with a mid bcm???

Thanks

combatantsomeone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim v6..?
Not all acclaims came with a mid bcm, im 99% sure it depends on whether they had power windows or not as my car (VR acclaim) has power windows and a mid level bcm, whereas my mates car (VS s2 acclaim) has no power windows and a low bcm.
Easiest way wud be to get an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser and get them to hook the boot release into that

puopoa

Antz
Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK 05 VZ SV6 6SP Manual
thanks, that would be the easiest way but i would like to have all buttons on same key rather than seperate.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Search is your friend........

They are not interchangeable. The pinouts and loom are different. Low/mid has two plugs high/lux has four.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
go get a new key with the boot release button on it then get a after market alarm as said and get it hooked up easier and added protection for your car and you will have the commodore key with the boot button all up cost you about 500 thats with the install

rossVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Not all acclaims came with a mid bcm, im 99% sure it depends on whether they had power windows or not as my car (VR acclaim) has power windows and a mid level bcm, whereas my mates car (VS s2 acclaim) has no power windows and a low bcm.
Easiest way wud be to get an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser and get them to hook the boot release into that

My VR Acclaim has no power windows, but it has a MID BCM!

Perhaps the VR Acclaims had mid BCM, but in the VS they started to put low BCM into the Acclaim (unless it came with power windows)

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
I have a feeling that mid BCMs were the service item.
May have been simpler for GM to stock only one type of BCM as a spare part.

My guess is yours has been changed.