Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low beams not working

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
Hi there
I have noticed that my low beam is not working both the bulbs are h9 and are new bulbs in after market headlights I've checked the relay and I cant hear a clicking sound but when I change it over it doesn't work with a different relay the fuses under the bonnet are new and I have recently installed fog lights in the car and tap into the brown cable at the end of the loom connecting to the headlight which is the high beam cable.

if anyone has any suggestion's or knows that I did something wrong please help me out, cheers :)

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
negative switching, slightly different setup, could be something to do with those fogs you fitted

mattathm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
have you replaced the bulbs... just saying...?

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Check all your fuses again, not just low beam ones. Are your high beam fuses ok? Cause it sounds like you're putting a lot more power through them than they're designed to take, so they might be blowing.
Take globes out of foggies, try then.
Just tinker around with different settings and fuses and bulbs etc. Somewhere the power is not getting through, got a test lamp? Track down where the power stops......

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
I checked everything and changed the bulbs, have been driving around with the fog lights on for weeks now