Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low idle and stalling

Matty eco

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU ii storm s
Hey guys
I'm new to this site, as i have recently bought a 2002 VUII ecotec ute.
I've done a lot of searching for my problem, but haven't been able to find exactly what i'm looking for.
the other day when coming home, the car was idling and running fine, but when i pulled in to park, it stalled. curious, i tried to start it again but all of a sudden it wont idle, and will only start if you apply a little bit of throttle.

since then i did a quick clean of the throttle body (only pulled of the air intake tube and gave it a gut full of carb cleaner while working the butterfly)
now if i'm careful with bringing down the rpm it will sit around 400-500 but it isn't "rough" just low. throughout the rest of the rev range it doesn't miss a beat.

when i picked the car up from a private seller, he was kind enough to fill up its tank, and ive only used about half of that since.

has anyone got any ideas what this problem could be? any help will be appreciated

OzNath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Manual
Check to see if the little elbow hose below the throttle body is connected, mine kept coming off and running like crap, so i zip tied it on. If that's not the problem could be many things like tps, iac and a few other things.

OzNath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Manual
That's were i get all my sensors of ebay, pretty much every part on my car is off ebay =)