Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low mount turbocharging

jenkos_vl

Reaction score
you would be better off useing the stock cast manifolds, and having an extension off them,

they are not a bad bit of gear the stocko manifolds, when being used for turbo.

Dan

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
unless you can identify the materials used in the standard cast manifold and get somone who is a wizz with a stick then i wouldnt try and weld up the standard cast manifold.
welding on cast is never a good idea.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
unless you can identify the materials used in the standard cast manifold and get somone who is a wizz with a stick then i wouldnt try and weld up the standard cast manifold.
welding on cast is never a good idea.

I would and have welded cracked standard cast manifolds. just need to know what you are doing. There are a few methods pening comes to mind first.
Matt

cracker

Reaction score
i wouldnt weld the cast manifolds although i would make up fladges and reverse the direction of the manifolds and then bring them to a commen meeting point or what have you.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
i wouldnt weld the cast manifolds although i would make up fladges and reverse the direction of the manifolds and then bring them to a commen meeting point or what have you.

I was more refering to welding cast manifolds, although on my next setup i will use a standard drivers side manifold slightly modded.
Matt

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
still thinking of it??

im guessing you want a hidden setup for your p's

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
I used headers exactly like those in the top pic for my own turbo setup, but switched them from side to side to get the turbo's up front. They work mint, and haven't bent or sagged in 12 months....so far anyway.

The hardest part of a low mount setup, is getting the oil out of the turbo and back into the engine.