Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Low rpm while cruising bad?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
If you want better fuel economy then put a full exhaust, extractors, cold air intake and get it tune but remember that you'll also need to take into account the cost if the mods as well.
All modern cars are designed to change gears as early as possible to keep the RPM down to increase fuel economy so don't be concerned about laboring as the engine in doing more calculations a minute than you will probably do in a year.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for helping me out all :) Sure mates modding would be sweet:thumbsup: but I'm still 18 and me dad wont let me do anything more than fill it up and drive it. Doesn't like money being spent on "unnecessary things" Oh well... dads will be dads.

He does have a point to be honest. Nowhere to get it modded properly here in Saudi Arabia, and all the mods add up, damn expensive + they aren't avaiable to start off with. Though I'd love to replace the Chev badges with Holden ones (grille, wheels, rear etc), can't get them here either :bang:

Are there any set of badges I can get at a reasonable price from Australia? List price and shipment costs etc.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Now there ya go... Alloytecs do own chev badges...but instead of putting chev badges on it, he wants to take it off, Thats a first.

there u go dave, now u can replace the the holden ones with chev ones and not feel like a tool lol, as they are sold standard as chev in saudi arabia

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Thanks for helping me out all :) Sure mates modding would be sweet:thumbsup: but I'm still 18 and me dad wont let me do anything more than fill it up and drive it. Doesn't like money being spent on "unnecessary things" Oh well... dads will be dads.

He does have a point to be honest. Nowhere to get it modded properly here in Saudi Arabia, and all the mods add up, damn expensive + they aren't avaiable to start off with. Though I'd love to replace the Chev badges with Holden ones (grille, wheels, rear etc), can't get them here either :bang:

Are there any set of badges I can get at a reasonable price from Australia? List price and shipment costs etc.

u can get them from ebay. sent u a message as well

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Hitler hates chev badges. But they do add 50 hp.

All this talk of the 2 hole mod making massive differences is a bit laugh worthy, perhaps too the induction sound but unless matched with a free flowing exhaust and less restrictive intake pipe, manifold And head then it ain't gonna change a great deal.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
My scan gauge tells me at 60 when its in 4th on a flat road that I get ( with little throttle ) about 5 - 7 L per 100KM. If I put it in 3rd or 2nd, it jumps up a fair whack (varies to much to tell you what L per 100KM )... Computer/gearbox knows what its doing.