Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

low toque down low?

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
what some of u may be forgetting is that every car is different even if they are the same model...what im trying to say is that u can have two vt commodores and one will be way quicker than the other even tho same engine same age. trust me i drive 5-10 different cars every day alot of them being commodores. this one time i drove a standard 6cylinder falcon ute that felt as quick as a vy ss, how? i dont know, was just a freak engine i guess. so when u say 'my car whoops ecotecs' or whatever, really u have beaten a few but not all of them....sorry if im not making much sence the bundy bear is getting to me lol:thumbsup:

84dez

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
im in beeneligh..if u dont know its halfway between brissy and the goldcost virtually 30 mins drive each way...and i think wen i decide to get it ill just get the box and insulators..i read a post of yours before about u think its losing power top end...and the gasket glue was still runny? just wondering with the new gaskets in has it rectified that problem or are you still losing power up top?

its not hard to do box is probably most complex and insulators is just remembering to put all the plugs back on. but yeah still giving it time to get use to the extractors after a reset, but i think that the torque limiters int he computer dont help, so once extrators are on a tune is next and then we will see but definately better on fuel lol dam intake leaks. and i know where beenliegh is im in capalaba

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
That will be Nm already, but that's at the wheel, which means it's being multiplied by the gearbox and diff (this is why people don't really talked about rwNm, because it totally depends on the gear and final drive ratio).

You can estimate the engine torque, by calculating 5495.9 / (gear ratio * final drive ratio).

Cool... Are you able to help with the rest of the formula? I have a vz exec standard. I beleive a standard diff is 3.08?