Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lower Body Paint Codes for VS Calais'

CookedSock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais, VP Berlina
Hey all - I've gone down a rabbit hole trying to figure out what the lower body, or "accent" colour is for my car. I've got a 95 S1 VS Calais, upper body painted in Genesis Blue. I've spent considerable time going though the forum and various other sites on the internet trying to positively identify what the lower body (accent colour) grey/silver is, so I can touch up some bumper scratches and chips etc.

Is there a definitive way, outside of going to a panel beater, to find out what this color is? Do I go to Holden and provide my VIN, or what? The link I've seen on various posts here mentions the calais turbo forum, but it doesn't really help. My son used to be a mechanic at a Holden dealership but has moved on to Toyota, so can't ask him.

Any ideas?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Shadow grey 4H046 or Solar silver 4H047 only these 2 were used on vs Calais HOLDEN BUMPER AND ACCENT COLOURS

CookedSock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais, VP Berlina
So in an interesting turn of events, gave Holden my VIN and they said that my accent colour is 18L - Hermitage Grey

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
18L - Hermitage Grey
That's good according to the paint charts from Holden they say 1994 so it must be a carry over or the built date was prior to 95 and released in 95, any how just shows to be sure with the Vin Number, all the best.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Many colours are registered far earlier than they are used. Many times colours have been registered and shelved, only to be brought out a few years later, so you can't use registration dates as a date that vehicles have been produced or thereabouts.

CookedSock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais, VP Berlina
Yep, happy for the push from here to call up with VIN. Thanks Trevor.