Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lower control arm bushes, help!

trav27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
Hey guys, sorry if there's already a thread on this! I just have a quick question as i feel like im about to be ripped off. My Vt has a annoying metal clank sound whenever going over a speed hump, braking[sometimes] and turning. I just got the link pins changed, the noise is still there and they are saying its the Lower control arm bushes too and are quoting me $250, supply and fit.
Is that a decent price? My car is there overnight for them to work on it tomorrow morning.

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Nolathane parts are about $50, if thats what they're using, so their charging you $200 labour.

trav27

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
Thanks for the reply mate =]
Is that the usual sort of price? I'm not too familiar with the pricing and stuff and im not sure if his ripping me off because im young, lol.

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Could do it yourself but the old bushes have to be pressed out so you have to take the control arm off then take to a mechanic or pedders to have them pressed out and new ones put in maybe, so alot of hassle unless you have the time. Noise could also be strut top rubbers and/or bearings.