Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lower Grill Gaurd

boughto8604

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Crewman
Do any of you guys know where i can can a lower grill gaurd for my ss other than ebay and how much should i expect to pay.

Thanks boughto

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
wreckers, holden itself. if i remember correctly i dont think it was that much, less than $100

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
I went into my local Holden and wanted to order the same thing for my car and was told that they don't fit the ute. Surely the sedan and front bar are identical? I realise that I would have to get the brackets as well.

A

Andre's SS

They dont fit into the SS VZ ute properly- Had to silicon them in myself!!!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
SSZ Ute said:
I went into my local Holden and wanted to order the same thing for my car and was told that they don't fit the ute. Surely the sedan and front bar are identical? I realise that I would have to get the brackets as well.
they are different. on the ute the back of thethe bar where the grill sits doesnt have the clips.

as andre said, buy it and use silicone to glue it in. works just as well :thumbsup:

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
it looks perfect on mine. I was sure I was gunna break it so I just paid them to fit it. to fit it properly you've gotta completely remove the bar so it took a couple of hours and hit me up about $100 just for fitting. But $130ish later and it looks...normal.

In my opinion they look pretty stupid without the grill in there!

From what I can tell the Front bar for a S-pack, Storm & SS Ute & Crewman are all the same as the SV6. They just dont come with the clips. you've gotta buy the clips as well for the grill or yea it wont fit properly.

yeah sillicone will probably do the trick, but to do it properly you've gotta remove the bar, and good luck doing that without breaking or scratching anything unless you REALLY know what your doing.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
removing the front bar takes 5 minutes with 2 people. it is a matter of 7 screws and a bit of pulling.

i should really get off my arse and take some pictures of how to take it off :thumbsup:

infact, i might do that this arvo and post it as a sticky thread