Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lower the boom

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Be a littlwe considerate - I mean I have a decent stereo and don't mind loud tunes, but if you can get done for undue noise by squealing your tires, then you can get done for undue noise by too loud a stereo.

The key to this whole deal is consideration. You are more than welcome to have your super drag race stereo. You are not welcome to use it in my street at full noise, the same as you wouldn't be welcome to use your nitro sniffing big block at full noise in my street.

Some people work night shift - they could be in any street. If your in a carpark on top of Westfields and your stereos up - no-one is likeley to care. If your parked outside a block of flats, odds are your gonna piss someone off, be it the nightshift worker or the mom with babies asleep.

So - have a loud stereo, just be nice with it. Save your burnouts for track days and your 164Db max for sound off comps. Stay under the 85db the rest of the time :)

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
night shift workers chose there career. I choose to be awake and sleep when the majority of people are doing the same so tough luck. anyways i dont have mine loud in suburbia, only on main roads and highway.

but if i did do night shift and someone went past with a sub blaring, how could i justify being mad, i mean im the odd one out being in bed when everyone else is enjoying life.

PORT3R

WTB: 1 money tree
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VQ stato
the aggressive nature of the perpetrators has directly lead to the murders of innocent victims.

I knew it. I knew that those subs were actually training me to kill innocent victims... I knew it all along! Those crafty crafty manufacturers... training us to do their dirty work without us realising!

Oh... i also just found http://www.lowertheboom.org/links/oi04_homeless.html ... i lol'd my ass off

BURNOUT BAZZA

BEAST260
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 XR8 Ute
*[It just last for a couple seconds. Why don't you just get over it.]

How about if you take just one kick in the gonads, my little truant? How about one little laser beam in the ole retina. It's just one time. It only lasts a couple of seconds, and it's not very loud at all! Oh, and then take one from my friend in a minute or two, then another, then another, then...
Can you honestly not even figure that one out?*

my fave one from the Faq... man these people here r on some special diet or drinking the bong water or something.

oh and not to mention this at the bottom of the page: Many more boom car operators' defensive quotes are just too inane to print or respond to. Some illustrate a disturbing level of academic retardation and mental illness.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
You know that the thrumming, pulsing boom from today's car stereos bothers you and invades your life like few things can. Do you know why?

You know you are miserable and perhaps literally sick of the low-frequency bass. Did you know that this form of sonic assault is an intentional orchestration by a group of American corporations with the blessing of some of our highest-ranking politicians?

The research will amaze you. You don't need to take our word for it. The more independent research you do, the more you will validate what is on this site. This new technology generates new considerations that must be addressed today.

We need to lower the boom.

sounds like something from an infomercial

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Not taking timely and appropriate action is the equivalent of demanding that American citizens, including war veterans who fought to ensure our peace and freedom, be subjected to the toxic fallout of the boom car operators instead of being able to enjoy peace that they fought so hard for, even inside their own homes.

lol "toxic fallout"

helrzr925

Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed vr wagon 3.8L
haha what a joke, i currently have a boom car, and another one in the making :w00t:
i don't turn it up at home cause my neigbours are pretty good people, but as soon as i leave my street it's fair game.
man i can't wait till the stereo in my kingswoods done, $2500 worth of alpine boom car goodness :yeah:
i acctually feel sorry for the people that live near me (except for in my street), cause the sort of boom car music i play is the stuff that blows windows :whistling

hhmm lower the boom, is that anything like drop the bass (by bass syndicate) - amidoinitright?