Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lower the boom

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Lower the Boom!

I'm HOPING someone did this as a joke...i mean..."audio terrorism", "boom cars"...LOL!

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
"Did you know that this form of sonic assault is an intentional orchestration by a group of American corporations with the blessing of some of our highest-ranking politicians?"

really?
i mean... really? :bang:

EDIT: actually after reading through the whole thing, that whole site is a bloody joke...

Last edited:

Wrayza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Haha, part of my email made it to the FAQ page years ago, second last one I think. Old people with nothing better to do :p

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
Thats bullshit!

i payed $20 thousand for my car another $6 doing it up and $1500 doing my stereo as they can see MY is the key word

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
thats why they give tickets for it, WTF ??!!

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
It has been documented by the World Health Organization (WHO) and others that boom car noise:

• Causes physical damage at the cellular level (my skin is degrading???)
  • Can damage human organs (and my organs!?!?!?)
  • Induces hearing loss (fair enough)
  • Impedes learning and cognitive development processes (I listen to loud music so I'm getting stupider?)
  • Evokes hypertension (I get more tension from work)
  • Leads to aggressive behavior (only when people have a go at me for having a stereo in my car)
  • Causes stress and sleep loss (really, I sleep quite well)
  • Leads to depression (going to work is more depressing)

There are other clear reasons why this type of noise needs to stop: (only some listed)

• Boom car operators are often associated with many other types of crimes.
  • It is often too difficult, if not impossible, to identify the perpetrator of acoustic terrorism (WTF! I don't have a stereo to induce terror)due to distances, speed, and physical obstacles, thus preventing the reporting of an offense.
  • The aggressive nature of the perpetrators has directly lead to the murders of innocent victims. (I listen therefore I murder)
  • Boom car equipment manufacturers base their marketing platform on senseless aggression, social agitation, and the destruction of the well-being of decent citizens.
  • Boom cars are often used to announce the receipt of a new drug shipment to a neighborhood. (Is that why when I play Eminem all these drugos come over)
  • Amplified noise was used effectively as a weapon by U.S. forces to defeat General Manuel Noriega. (I don't think my stereos that loud)
WTF is up with this site. Are they all high???

Coxy_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VE GTS
"Boom cars have been closely linked to murder, aggression, gangs, drugs, speeding, reckless driving, DUI, underage drinking, and other crimes."

HAHAHA WTF?! And i thought i was just listening to music, who knew this meant i was a criminal in training!?

This site has to be a joke...or have some people really become that sad...

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i loled at this, i just bought two more subs and an amp on thursday.... haha, hope my neighbors dont see this site lol.

(CODEZ)

formerly cody_vp92
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
seriously how gay, as if it affects them that much