Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lower volume of reverse parking sensor in wagon

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
Hi

In our previous sedan there was a little speaker on the underside of the parcel shelf with low and high volume that I switched to low for the reverse parking sensors (so it wouldn't wake/scare the baby in the back seat)

Have just upgraded to a new 2013 wagon and cant find the same speaker. Can someone tell me where it is so I can turn down the volume of the reverse parking beep?

Thanks

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
it runs through the speaker system of the car and the volume is set or at least i haven found a volume for it

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
it runs through the speaker system of the car and the volume is set or at least i haven found a volume for it

don't know about that, when i put mine in reverse the first beep comes from the back of the car on the passenger side

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Keep in mind that there are 2 completely different systems.
1) Reverse Sensors, This is a standalone system that has a speaker, and beeps when you are coming close to an object. There is no front sensors, and this system can be retro fitted easily
2) Park Assist, This system displays the distance on Headunit colour LCD, as well as beeps depending on the distance from an object. Park assist can also have front sensors for assisting with distances from the front of the car.

The volume on the reverse sesnor system can be set by changing the switch setting on the external speaker.
The park assist volume cannot be changed.

Park assist is standard on CalaisV Statesman, Caprice, CapriceV, Senator and grange, and optional on Maloo (rear park assist only)

I hope this clears things up ?