Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered 07 SSV

Brad SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Okay so I'm wanting to lower my SSV on sssl's all round and then going for a 3" xforce exhaust but not sure if my car will still be legal height in Qld. I was told sssl's have me 20-30mm above legal height but nothing to tell me if xforce hangs lower than stock.

RoostR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S1
other problem is the 3" xforce will drag on the floor, i have ssl i think and i want to bring it back up as i cant drive anywhere

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
other problem is the 3" xforce will drag on the floor, i have ssl i think and i want to bring it back up as i cant drive anywhere

Don't listen to this person, they're over-exaggerating, I've had SSSLs in for a while and haven't had any issues with scraping whatsoever.

However, no, it won't sit at a legal height.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Okay so I'm wanting to lower my SSV on sssl's all round and then going for a 3" xforce exhaust but not sure if my car will still be legal height in Qld. I was told sssl's have me 20-30mm above legal height but nothing to tell me if xforce hangs lower than stock.

Dont do it.....
Potholes, gutters, speed-humps, car-parks, & our generally **** roads will be your enemy.
Just go SSL's and a set of shocks/struts and your car will be alot easier to live with.

beej2beej

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE ssv A6
i have ssls with a 3" xforce system, and id say the lowest part of the system (under the diff) at vey best would just pass legal height..i have scraped on some 'shorter' type speed humps and what not but gets over things that i thought would scrape for sure without needing to massively 'wogbox' it.... im thinking of doing the same with the sssls so if you decide to do it post some pics for us to see how it looks and some of near the diff!

Brad SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks heaps guys and I was talking to a guy from king springs and he said sssl's were just legal but yeh I think I might do the exhaust and just lower it slightly