Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered front end, stock rear height?

MaxVZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS - S1 - 6 Speed Manual
G'day,
My VY SS has been lowered like crazy (I imagine it's SSSL in the rear but I haven't checked) and I'm trying to raise the car because it's not really suitable like that for a daily and I don't fancy getting defected anytime soon.
I've bought some stock rear springs that came off a VY Calais and I intend to change out the rear as soon as I've got the time to do it.
Considering how low the car is overall, I'm fairly confident that it's been lowered in the front too. I don't have the front springs yet, and probably won't have them anytime soon due to financial reasons.
I want to raise the rear so it's easier to drive around town, and remove the nasty negative camber that's tearing my tyres to pieces.

If I was to raise the rear end back to stock height and leave the front slightly lowered, how will this affect the rest of the car? I imagine it's just going to become very loose in the rear, but how will the front take it?
It will only be driven like that for 1-2 months until I return from my holiday and can pay to raise the front too.
Any help/advice appreciated
Cheers

caprice_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Hi Max,
Please let me know how you go.
I've got a VY SS ute that's dropped on it's ass but I want to do the same as you.
Do you think I'm best off buying new springs and shocks or go second-hand?I want to go back to stock height.
Thanks, Jo

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Can be done. Will look like it just came back from the 70's though.