Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered springs v springs/short shocks.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Ok bear with me, my ssv ute is only 3 weeks old. I was going to spend a bit if coin on coilovers but decided not to. My options are pedders etc lowered springs or with shorter shocks too. As my shocks are only few weeks old and I only going for a lowered look of around 30mm should I get the shocks for a better ride?

Quoted 550 fitted for pedders springs. And 950 for kings with Monroe shocks. I know 30mm drop I can get away with standard shocks but is it worth spending the extra $400 on getting shocks done too or am I wasting money seeing as my shocks are barely 3 weeks old. Thanks.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
your shocks will be fine with 30mm

pedders dont make springs that stuff shocks for the ve

ride will be the same whatever shock you use shortend shocks are for trapping purposes only

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Thanks. Thought as much. Have read many threads here on springs,many. Most opinion is as yours that with about 30mm drop standard struts are ok. But there are some people say to get shocks too. Hence I confused. I didn't want to get springs only to find ride compromised. As for extra 400 I can get the short shocks but my trepidation was mine are so new.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
well im a suspension mechanic and lower cars all the time and sugest using only the springs ride will actally be a bit fimer as all pedders springs are 20% stronger

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
well im a suspension mechanic and lower cars all the time and sugest using only the springs ride will actally be a bit fimer as all pedders springs are 20% stronger

My luck to post thread and susp mech on here. Thanks. What are the tein springs like or would you rate the pedders better

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
it all depends on price you see pedders have red and gray coils the greys are cheaper but not shot peend and all that sort of stuff but the red coils are the go they are as good as eibach

what im trying to say is that tein might make good products but they have there elcheapo line to

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
What about the USA brand Tein? Same price. Not heard of them and I know the Americans reputation of going around corners!!

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
i have never used tien for springs i only have used them for coilovers which are good

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
In order to get the rake level what must I go to front and rear and not going passed level that standard shocks can accommodate. Ta