Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered springs v springs/short shocks.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
So 30mm f & r would be level. Ve ute higher in it's rear.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Just my 2 cents if interested, and I'm no suspension guru or anything, but my plans at the moment are for lowered springs (probably 30mm like you, but 50mm max) matched with Bilsteins -but I am after a more comp set up (without going for coilovers), rather than for cruising. The Bilsteins will be harsher as a daily (doesn't bother me so long as it sticks through corners). If I wasn't worried about increasing the damping, I'd be sticking with the standard shocks for a 30mm drop.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
ok utes and wagons have a raised spring seat so change rear shocks and it drops the rear lower and the sil comes up level all round

it's only like a 5mm-10mm differnce at the seat

better shocks and springs will be stiffer but sway bars will give the best conering upgrade

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Just my 2 cents if interested, and I'm no suspension guru or anything, but my plans at the moment are for lowered springs (probably 30mm like you, but 50mm max) matched with Bilsteins -but I am after a more comp set up (without going for coilovers), rather than for cruising. The Bilsteins will be harsher as a daily (doesn't bother me so long as it sticks through corners). If I wasn't worried about increasing the damping, I'd be sticking with the standard shocks for a 30mm drop.

G'day snips. If I can 'get away' with standard shocks I will. I gather 30 to 40mm is limits. So what is the front and rear sizes I should go for.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
the seat is only 5mm max i think from memory it's #### all i think they might also have a differnt shock stroke as the spring is bigger in wire diameter

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
but any way my boss just put seadan sports shocks in his ute and lowerd 30mm springs drives great i think he should put sway bars in but he said it handels fine

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
you only need rear inserts and front radius rod bushes in urathane on the ve all else is fine

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
there is also a bush in the rear knuckel that is sometimes rubber or some times a rose joint if you had rubber there the changing to the rose joint would give a slight gain in handiling