Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered springs v springs/short shocks.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
you only need rear inserts and front radius rod bushes in urathane on the ve all else is fine

That rear insert.. is that the same as the rear cross-member bushes? I've heard swapping those to urethane help a lot with axle tramp (a massive issue in the utes). Was also going to swap strut top bushes and control arm bushes - as both have already gone once in mine.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
So without repeating probably what has been said many times before it's ssl all round? Freaking confusing

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
So without repeating probably what has been said many times before it's ssl all round? Freaking confusing

yeah mate. The guys who want to tuck the rear wheels under the guards will put lower springs in the back. I like the idea of still being able to put something in the back, personally.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
yeah mate. The guys who want to tuck the rear wheels under the guards will put lower springs in the back. I like the idea of still being able to put something in the back, personally.

Don't worry about hijacking bro. I don't care. Go for it. So 30 mm is ssl then ssl front and rear? Or i read somewhere one less s in front I.e sl front ssl rear?

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
a set of springs are a set due to they have been made together some ppl will use sl with ssl for there own reasons but the ppl that make lowerd springs are masters of suspension

the inserts are a insert like the diff bush insert from the vq-vz

the axle tramp is only in the vq-vz

the inserts insert into the 4 crossmeber bushes on the rear crossmember i would sugest getting them done by a suspension shop that dose them all the time they are confusing

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
My understanding is that if you want to keep the natural rake of the car, use the same front and back - if you want to level it out (or settle the back further) go a size down in the rear. SL will be the same as what you have now, so no point with that.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
a set of springs are a set due to they have been made together some ppl will use sl with ssl for there own reasons but the ppl that make lowerd springs are masters of suspension

the inserts are a insert like the diff bush insert from the vq-vz

the axle tramp is only in the vq-vz

the inserts insert into the 4 crossmeber bushes on the rear crossmember i would sugest getting them done by a suspension shop that dose them all the time they are confusing

Mine has a habit of bouncing it's arse off under a heavy start - perhaps the stronger shocks will help keep the wheels down (I'm not talking about doing skids or anything - I like the tyres to do what they're meant to do!)

It's really hard to get feedback from some suspension shops in Sydney - so thanks for the info.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Thanks guys. So if sl is same as already got then ssl front and if want level then sssl but thinking pedders will know When I go there but thought I would go armed with as much info as poss as didn't want to be sold crap I wouldn't be happy with

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
a ve for handiling in my opion would work best with the sils fairly level

the front end is awsome like the fg front end and they both stop brake dive to a degree so even more hight in the front would give a bit more flex in braking puting more wheight on the tyres