Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowered VE

Daz_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
G'day legends.
Wanted some advice on returning my lowered VE omega to standard coil struts.. the ve i brought is lowered it doesn't suit the rds i drive so i am going to put STD coils back on. How much does this affect the camber when i do this, is it easily rectified or would i be better off just taking for a wheel alignment. Cheers

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
G'day legends.
Wanted some advice on returning my lowered VE omega to standard coil struts.. the ve i brought is lowered it doesn't suit the rds i drive so i am going to put STD coils back on. How much does this affect the camber when i do this, is it easily rectified or would i be better off just taking for a wheel alignment. Cheers
You need a wheel alignment when you do this for sure. It puts the alignment out massively changing the springs. I changed my car from Kings SL to FE3 springs not long after I got it and took it straight in for an alignment.

The car didn‘t feel right driving there to get the alignment and the tech said the alignment was so far out I would have been lucky to make it two weeks before the tyres chewed out.

Daz_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
You need a wheel alignment when you do this for sure. It puts the alignment out massively changing the springs. I changed my car from Kings SL to FE3 springs not long after I got it and took it straight in for an alignment.

The car didn‘t feel right driving there to get the alignment and the tech said the alignment was so far out I would have been lucky to make it two weeks before the tyres chewed out.
Yeh i suspected that would be the case.cheers.
So you went from super low to FE3 springs what are they.
Not sure what pedders are on mine now but i can fit my hand between the gaurd and tyre new ones i am getting are standard so yeh proberly a good inch difference.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
FE3 springs were stock on VF SS Commodores etc. I did want to get the FE2 springs but they have been discontinued.

Daz_VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
FE3 springs were stock on VF SS Commodores etc. I did want to get the FE2 springs but they have been discontinued.
Yeh ok..good onya man thanks for your reply

Pokitren

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo

Thanks for the reply, this is relevant to me now too, as it is to the author of the topic.